Walkin round Copenhagen
Walkin round Copenhagen
People keep speculating about whether we’ll get bucky cap or sam cap after chris evans leaves the franchise and I’m just imagining steve standing in front of both of them and saying ‘two beautiful men stand before me but I’m only holding one photo in my hands. That photo represents the man who is still on the running towards becoming america’s next top captain. I will only call one name. The man I do not call must immediately come and hug me because I still love you both more than anything in the world’
The New Jim Crow
1. Ferguson, Missouri has a population of approximately 21,000 people — roughly 75% of those residents are Black
2. The Ferguson police department has around 530 cops —less than 5 of them are Black
3. Ferguson had *zero* homicides for all of 2014 —until Michael Brown was murdered by Darrin Wilson
4. Things you should know: Five Myths About Black-on-Black Crime
5. Michael Brown was 18yrs old and was about to begin college. Brown had no criminal record, and despite the Ferguson PD’s smear campaign, Mike Brown PAID FOR the cigars —those facts are all important and should be known, but even if Brown was a high school dropout with prior arrests who stole the cigars, 1) it wouldn’t have made his life any less valuable, 2) we have a court system and those are not capital offenses and 3) it doesn’t change the fact that the cop who killed him, Darren Wilson, had no idea about Brown’s personal history when he executed Brown. Wilson saw only a Black teen deemed either “too uppity” or “suspicious” because of his skin color
6. Five examples: The Militarization of the police
7. It’s deeply Institutional: Police view Black Children As Less Innocent
8. So please - don’t get it twisted
my feminist goal is not to convince men that girls are of value, my feminist goal is to achieve a future where the judgement of our value isn’t in the hands of men.
and this goes for, especially goes for, trans girls, girls of colour, disabled girls and LGBTQA+ girls.
girls, all girls, and if you believe otherwise don’t reblog this.
Ok, friendly reminder to end all friendly reminders, re: Ferguson and those “it’s okay not to reblog if it’s upsetting you” posts that suddenly started circulating like never before.
Fellow white people and I guess non-black people in general. Here are 2 options you have when dealing with Ferguson related news:
a) Stand with Ferguson, be vocal, join in in any way appropriate (reblogging, tweeting, financial contributions, idk there is a whole lot of options, you’ve seen the posts)
b) Step back and let people who chose option “a” speak (i.e. primarily black people). If you need to take care of your mental health or other affairs before anything else and prefer to remove yourself from the situation then DO THAT.
Do exactly that and nothing more. No posts about how it’s okay to not do this or that. Nobody is guilt-tripping you but if you are making posts about Ferguson then you are derailing the conversation and demanding that people who are currently being traumatized (black people, whether in Ferguson or elsewhere) start paying attention to you when they are dealing with this major threat to their very existence. You say you need to take care of your mental well-being. In that case do that by actually removing yourself from the discussion and not by drawing more attention to yourself. If you’re choosing to post about other current struggle elsewhere in the world don’t bring Ferguson into that either and focus on what you are doing. Don’t engage in Oppression Olympics and step out of the way of those who are trying to help Ferguson. They’re not your enemies, you are not being judged. They simply do not have time for you now.
HELL YEAH WE CAN, AND LET ME START IT OFF, 2 FOR THE PRICE OF 1, BECAUSE I WAS HAVIN A GOOD SELFIE DAY SATURDAY AND I THINK IT’D BE INCREDIBLE TO HAVE OUR BEAUTIFUL FACES SHOWIN OUT. We out here, we alive, we survivin, and we doin thangs.
SHOW OUT BLACK TUMBLR!!!! Reblog witcha selfie/s!
"Hey my fellow beautiful black ladies! So this is me showing off my Heroine in various location, at the bar and at home livin my life just cause xD"
"No Black Person is Ugly"
"marvel releases first still of totally original white-douchebag-turns-good-guy-and-saves-the-world superhero movie"
Dear Professor [name],
My name is [Preferred name], and I will be attending your course [blank] on [days] at [time] this [term]. I am transgender and have not yet legally changed my name. On your roster is my legal name, [Legal name]. I would greatly appreciate it if you refer to me as [Preferred name] and use [pronouns] when referring to me. Thank you for your understanding, and I look forward to starting your course next week.
this is so sad
[Image: a series of tweets by justified agitator (@Awkward_Duck) on August 19, 2014.
1:23 AM: We literally laid in someone’s backyard for what seemed like an eternity while tanks rolled down the streets #Ferguson
1:26 AM: I’m live tweeting because there’s a media blackout. #Ferguson
1:33 AM: I’m so shaken. They’re literally just rolling around throwing tear gas into neighborhoods-not aggressive crowds. #Ferguson
1:34 AM: I was pouring milk over one guys eyes when they came back around and threw another at us. #Ferguson
1:51 AM: Let me repeat, THEY ARE GASSING NEIGHBORHOODS not crowds of protestors.There was only a few of us walking. there is no curfew, so why?]
this why they killed him
Tonight in Ferguson, Mo. Even CNN is calling out police brutality.
We are watching history unfold. Do not stand down. Spread the word.
No justice, no peace.